Task: Online quoting tool to be used to configure customized Widgets, assign a Smart Part Number to the configuration, display the full configuration and add up and display quoted price.
My collection of things.
My 3 favorite hosting options (in no specific order):
- pair.com – I have hosted with pair.com for 15+ years and I have never had an outage or interruption of the service. They used to be more for the hands on web master that doesn’t need or want a graphical interface to do things. They have recently introduced a new Control Panel that will walk you through any and every thing you want to do. I highly recommend them.
- justhost.com – I have hosted with justhost.com for the past 5 years or so. They offer unlimited hosting of domain names. They have a great control panel that offers you all the options you need or want. Lots of space for websites and email. I highly recommend them.
- godaddy.com – I have worked with many sites that are using godaddy.com hosting services, some options they are are better than others. Recently they started offering WordPress as an option. The only “con” I have for them is that some of their web site building applications have a slow response when you are creating. But they do offer so many deals it’s hard to not like these guys.
I recently was creating a quoting form for a company that I was working for and I wanted to streamline as much as possible (i love to combine things or as I say, get more for my money!). When the quote was completed it would return a description of the items ordered and assign a Smart Part Number to the configuration.
- So I have a list of categories – with options, setup as radio buttons.
- When a selection is made I want to load that item (description, price, partNo) into the display area.
- And build and display the Smart Part number.
TASK: The order in which the items are displayed and added to the display area is very important, so I coded the radio buttons with an ID – then I lookup that ID in an array and get the index number (order number) of that item and that is the placement in the smart part number.
Try it select an item below: