October 15th, 2016 at 3:25 pm
Wow, how time files and I’ve still got no FMQ practicing done, but I have started 2 new mystery quilts – Hip Hip Hooray!!!
Join us as we embark on a new quilt challenge for 2016 and then our 2017 contest. Everyone loves a mystery and this is a great one to top off 2016 and lead us into 2017.
Project Linus – Gracies Get Well Garden
Mystery Quilt for a Cause by Heather Spence Designs – benefiting Family Renewal Shelter in Tacoma, Washington. They rescue women and children out of severely abusive. Homes in which their lives are in danger. If you would like additional information about them or to give additionally you can find them on the web at: http://domesticviolencehelp.org/
I am a bit behind – even though the quilt for a cause just started, I’m running 2 weeks behind on the Linus one, but it’s my goal this weekend to get caught up. Although, here in Minnesota it’s 70 degrees on October 15 – something very unheard of for around here – might have to sneak out side some today to do some last minute yard work since it’s still short sleeve weather around here.
August 14th, 2016 at 2:00 pm
It’s done, it’s done, it’s done!!!
I finished this yesterday, but I had no where that I could hang this to get a picture. So this morning I had my hubby hold up one side so that I could get a picture of this completed “top”.
It went together almost magically yesterday. I still don’t believe it done.
So, as I am explaining to my hubby that it’s done and I want to get a picture of it he says: “You mean you have it quilted and everything?! – Wow, that’s great!” I pushed him off the deck – after I took the corner of the quilt from his hands.
August 13th, 2016 at 2:20 pm
Well, they are done, I will have to take care and do a little reinforcement on that one spot, but all 6 of these are done and ready to go to the next step.
Here they are, all ready to be joined into one.
August 13th, 2016 at 2:16 pm
I am literally putting the last set of triangles together for the last section and this happens:
I am sure this happened when I ripped it apart because it didn’t match up close enough or is was part of the group that I had pre-assembled incorrectly. It doesn’t matter, it happened! UGH!!!
August 7th, 2016 at 6:56 pm
I can’t believe I’m getting this close to being done!!!
Red & Blue are done!
August 6th, 2016 at 6:52 pm
Yellow and Purple are done, done, done!!!! Half way there!
August 5th, 2016 at 6:41 pm
Yeah, the beginning to the end.
She’s coming round the bend.
The first step is always the hardest – that’s for sure on this thing.
I spent most of today, getting things arranged, trimmed up and sorted.
But I was determined to get one of the final 6 put together. So far so good. I am finding that it is so hard to get things lined up (to my comfort/satisfaction) I am sewing together, then tearing apart. I am hoping it gets easier soon!
July 23rd, 2016 at 8:39 pm
What do you do on a hot, rainy, stormy day in July in Minnesota – you get things DONE – baby!
All the diamonds are assembled, “squared-up” and organized.
The next step is to start assembling into larger ‘diamonds’!
July 22nd, 2016 at 8:33 pm
When doing puzzles, you always start with the corners and edges and work your way in…
In quilting you always start in the middle and work you way out.
So, in this project it is very exciting when you are starting on the edges of this diamond/star pattern.
I can almost see the end!!!
July 17th, 2016 at 8:04 pm
24 more diamonds done this weekend. Now, on to more triangles – then back to diamonds again!